From: Paul Erkens <paul.erk...@gmail.com
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Date sent: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 17:45:55 +0200
Subject: Re: pdf files to text

Hi May,
On the mac, if you need this often, then abbyy fine reader is a good solution. Its interface has a combobox where you input where your image is coming from, so either a scanner or a file, and the next combo box lets you decide what to convert it to. It is that simple, but it does cost 80 dollars. Otherwise, I would ask a friend running windows to quickly do it for you, using pdf2txt. That is quick. On the mac, I don't yet know of a free and easy program to do just that.

Hth,
Paul.