I rang up Freedom Scientific last year as I wanted a reset of my activation.  I
told them that I was running Jaws on my Mac under Fusion and as soon as the
representative heard that he said he would not support me by giving me a new
activation unless I wanted it for a native windows PC.  This year I went to
Site Village (an exhibition for all access Technology) and Eric Damerie was
there and I told him that I was running Jaws on a Mac and he simply did not
approve.

Kawal.
___
Kawal Gucukoglu
(E-mail/MSN):
kawa...@me.com

(Skype ID):

kawalgucukoglu

(Mobile/text):

+447905618396

On 7 Sep 2011, at 21:20, Eric Caron wrote:

> [...]
> He was correct!  The other day I had another issue and before I knew it the
> rep was asking me questions as she said she loved her iPhone and was
> considering getting a Mac.  Most recently I called for help with my work PC
> and Jaws.  I mentioned my problem with Jaws not starting in my VM and told
> him I didn't expect him to answer that question as it was not supported.  In
> fact, he gave me a good idea to try and seemed familiar with the Mac.  The
> Mac seems to, in my experience, be becoming popular with at least some of
> these reps.  It really was one of these reps that was the final straw
> resulting in my purchase of my Mac.  I've never looked back!
>
> In all fairness I was dealing with real JAWS issues when I called, but in all
> these cases the reps were supportive and either all ready knowledgeable about
> the Mac or curious about them.
>

> Even though I don't have all the bugs worked out of my VM yet I am convinced
> that the over all experience with Windows on my Mac will be better then my
> experience on a native PC.
>
> Eric Caron
> On Sep 7, 2011, at 8:41 AM, Kawal Gucukoglu wrote:
>
>> Bood job you did not tell the Freedom Scientific representative that you
>> were planning to install Jaws on a Mac as they do not support this.
>>
>> Kawal.
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> On 7 Sep 2011, at 12:57 PM, Paul Erkens <paul.erk...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Eric,
>>> Last week, a friend of mine bumped into someone who had the same problem as
>>> you seem to experience, in that settings you make in jaws, don't hold from
>>> shutdown to next run of jaws. And it is now resolved. We, that is my friend
>>> and his friend, and I, have all been looking into the problem. We have
>>> checked the permissions on the mac hd volume. We have checked inside
>>> windows, to see if somewhere in documents and settings, where jaws stores
>>> its configuration data, a rights problem was sitting. Why, would jaws, on
>>> other systems, retain its settings, while on the vm it would not. We were
>>> starting to think that this was a fusion problem. Even one of the Belgian
>>> freedom scientific workers helped debugging the problem one entire
>>> afternoon, but no luck. Until my friend's friend, came up with the
>>> solution, found by accident.
>>>
>>> What you need to do, and this as worked for 2 people already that I know
>>> of, is that you reset jaws to its factory default, thereby destroying all
>>> your user settings. But, when you reconfigure jaws afterwards, you may find
>>> that from then on, jaws will remember its settings. Albeit spelling,
>>> autostart, and whatever. Please try that and report back on it, because it
>>> seems that this is a nasty jaws bug, but so difficult to trace. To be
>>> clear, my friend's friend encountered this same problem on a native windows
>>> pc. He passed it on, and now it works for my friend as well.
>>> Hth,