Hi Rahul.
I have a question because I am having some trouble understanding why you are
having your difficulties. First, I have never been entirely happy using the
Internet to do email. I have done it, but have, on the whole found it less
satisfactory than using a program dedicated to email production. I, therefore,
would not use Safari to type email. I tried it with Internet Explorer and Jaws,
and got it done, but with more difficulty. So, I guess my question to you is if
there is some reason you prefer to use an Internet browser for your email
instead of using Mail.

I have not had your experience of VO not echoing keystrokes. In fact, I turned
it off because in both Jaws and Vo, I can't stand the computer to tell me every
keystroke. However, I have gotten this feature to work in both screen readers.

Regards,
Gigi