Dear Listers,

I have just upgraded my operating system on iPad to number 5. I've
noticed first of all, to my distress, that Samantha's voice has been
substituted with David. Can I have Samantha back?

Secondly, I don't seem to be able to launch my applications like
iBooks, Guardian, etc. I doubletap the icon and I can hear the sound
of the application being opened but when I touch the screen or flick,
I am still on the home pages where all my applications are listed.

Is anyone else having similar issues? Is there anything I should read
about regarding the new operating system?

Thanks for your help.

Andrew