restart the mac mini. there may be a chance something has tripped the audio
settings. try rebooting whilst holding CMD-OPT-P-R. hold this down so it chimes
4 times. then it should reset and resolve any issues.

please note that this may reset some mac general prefs. so it's worth updating
your prefs you've set up.

lew

this should help.