Thanks  for the suggestion. The problem with my banking site is that I never
enter a single password
but instead have to enter characters from it generated by random number
selection. This is good for security but defeats password automation.

I would settle for audible feedback but Safari and voiceover does not appear to
deliver this consistently. So some edit boxes will not provide any click
feedback and others will only provide sporadic feedback. So for example if I
try to sign to my Gmail some of my key presses will provide feedback and others
will not. This is very confusing and can lead you to believe that your have not
pressed a key  that you have in fact made.
The problem with the Nat West site when I tried it was that no feedback at all
was being received. On my netbook Windows XP setup I get Jaws announcing star.
.  after every key press. This is all I want Voiceover and Safari to do
consistently, that is provide a click on secure edit boxes,  and I would be
happy.