Hello Brett,

Your question is an excellent one and, by the way, thank you for alerting
the developers of the VoiceOver challenges.

I want you to know that I encountered all of the obstacles you described.
In fact, I was almost ready to give up on the app in then I had the idea to
close the application by removing it via the App switcher, then, without
restarting the phone, launch the App again and, low and behold, the Dictate
button worked beautifully.  For the record, I continue to use the 2-finger
double-tap to end the dictation just as I do when using Siri to end my
dictation.

Also, the reason you sometimes hear a keyboard style VoiceOver feedback is
because, underneath the Air dictate screen which simply displays the Dictate
and Done buttons, respectively, is because, they are using their interface
on top of a normal virtual keyboard input screen.

Please also be aware that, even for non-VoiceOver users, the App is not
consistently stable; I am convinced, however, that it can be made completely
accessible with VoiceOver if enough of us contact the developers.

One more thing, should you find that the App becomes unresponsive, just
close the App and restart.  I think this has something to do with the
display not keeping up with VoiceOver or vice versa.

To Everyone, in case you would like to learn more about that which Brett and
I are discussing, go to the following site:

http://avatron.com/apps/air-dictate

Mark