Hi Wayne,

Yes, you can indeed clone your HD to an external using CCC.  Because it's quite
self explanitory once you open it, step by step instructions are really not
necessary.  As you move through the app, you'll get a good feel for what does
what.  If it helps, though, I'd say that the default settings should do just
fine for a full start up clone.

Sincerely,
The Constantly Barefooted Ray!!!

Now a very proud and happy Mac user!!!