Can you post a link? I'm facilitating an accessibility presentation in in April and I think that would be a good starter as well.

CB

On 1/15/12 9:40 AM, Eugenia Firth wrote:
Hi guys.
Yesterday I did my demonstration of the iPhone and the Mac both. I first showed
them the YouTube video of Steve Jobs introducing VoiceOver. I figured he was
better at showing the introduction of what it did than I was any day of the
year. The only problem was I couldn't get the volume to go up more, but
everybody got real quiet and I think they heard it ok. I wish now I had shown
the picture on the Mac and then let the speech come out of the iPhone. They had
a device for amplifying speech and it worked with both the iPhone and the
computer; it was just YouTube that was the problem. I think I could have
controlled the volume better on the iPhone.

Then I put up the help menu just so they could see the options. Of course, I
didn't read all that, but it was up there. I have a braille display, so I wrote
some braille on it in TextEdit.

Then I let them turn on their iPhones in VoiceOver since most of them had them.
They liked putting in my name as a contact. One person had some trouble, so i
had to set his phone on touch typing, but everybody else was ok. These are
experienced iPhone users. In fact, most of them are experienced Mac users as
well.

I got some really good questions, and they have asked me to put in information
from time to time on accessibility. I told them that all of them could help
with this by learning some VoiceOver and checking out some of their apps with
it. I think some of them will just because they like to mess with computers.
Maybe this will help to get some of our sighted friends to turn in comments
about accessibility when they write up reviews. It can't hurt.

Regards,
Gigi