Hi Hank,

I have AT&T but I'm not sure if you can get a month by month plan with using an
i-phone.  The best thing to do is call them and explain your situation.  I
would think you could.  Also I believe that you can enter a code using the star
key and some numbers that will tell you your usage up to the minute.  I'm just
not sure what it is at the moment.  If you feel more comfortable, AT&T has a
number that you can call for disability services.  They might be a little more
friendly but I don't know if they would be any more helpful.  I think they are
more for the mobilespeak folks.  I could be wrong.  I currently have a 3Gs and
I really like it.  If you'd like to write me for tips and such please feel
free.  It's really easy to use.  The only thing I still haven't figured out
after a year of having it is how to go back to your original call once you've
finished with your secondary call on call waiting.  I can do just about
eveverything else though.  Oh, The e-mail thing I haven't figured out either. I
can't make it stop getting e-mail from the server.  I don't want to receive
e-mails but it keeps getting them anyway.

I guess we're all still learning.  That
s the great thing about this list.  I will tell you to switch to touch typing
as soon as you can.  That is where you can hear the letters spoken on the
virtual keyboard as you type of text of enter a number, but instead of double
tapping on them you simply have to lift your finger and it is selected for you.
 It makes things so much easier.  To turn this on, get to a text message that
you are composing.  If I remember correctly you take your index finger and
thumb as though you were turning a knob and then you simply turn that knob on
the screen.  It should say whatever typing mode you are on.  then with one
finger flick up or down to change it till you hear touch typing.  I think I
then just double tapped that and it went away.  the other option to that is jut
to leave it alone once it says touch typing and it should stay on that option.
You will still have to double tap on things like buttons and things like that
but the keyboard and keypad with phone numbers will be much easier.

Hope I've helped some.

Jenny and my goofy guide Brooks