Ah, so let me see, you want the ability that, when you pause a file's playback,
the inserttion point needs to remain where the playback stopped.  Is that
right?  I suspect you might find something in preferences that indicates how
the space bar should behave when playing a file.  Since I don't have Sound
Studio myself, I'm noly speculating here.  Also, what about the use of the left
bracket key to drop a beginning marker and the right bracket key to drop an end
marker?  That would, I suspect, make things much faster.  Now, I have a few
other points of my own.  When you alter the pitch of a file, amadeus pro does
not yet allow you to very the pitch.  It just goes straight from one pitch to
the other, but, you cannot slide the pitch and have that pitch slide be
according to the selection.  Can you do this with Sound Studio?  Also, what
about paste over settings?  In the latest version of Amadeus Pro, there is a
very nice paste over dialog which allows you to duck the track on to which you
wish to paste a voice over fragment, and, then, that track's volume resumes to
normal once the voice over fragment is concluded.  By voice over, in this
instance, I am, of course, not talking about Apple Voice Over;  rather, I'm
talking about putting one's voice over on top of music or sounds and such.

Sincerely,
The Constantly Barefooted Ray!!!

Now a very proud and happy Mac user!!!

Skype name: