Marlena,
To add to Jurgen.
Load up a file: hit command o in amadeus and browse as usual.
2. To save a file, it's in the file menu where you expect it. Just like in a
text editor you can choose the file type, so you can also save directly into
mp3, into wav, aac or whatever you want.
3. There is one concept to be very aware of. Amadeus has what is called the
play head, and it has a separate editing cursor, called the insertion point. I
wish there were a way to bind them together, but often when editing, I
sometimes still forget that the playhead is not where the insertion point is.
In general, the play head is at the spot you are listening to, moving along as
playtime goes by. The insertion point stays where it is, and you have to
manually pull it towards the play head with command y. The play head is
something you might remember from old reel to reel recorders. It's a metal
solid object, that plays audio as the tape is pulled past it.

Once playing, you can stop with the space bar. Space again to resume. Turn
quicknav off and left and right arrows will skip back a few seconds, or
forward. Once stopped, or while playing, hit p to drop a marker at the play
head. Play on by hitting space, and fast forward with right arrow till you have
your next spot where you want another marker, optionally pause playback and hit
p to drop another marker. You can view how many markers you have set, and also
where in time they are, by looking in the window menu. You'll find a marker
menu option there, that displays a window where you have this marker and time
info. To clear all markers, first hit command a before using the delete all
markers command, or else they won't be deleted. I found that out the hard way
and had to ask on the hairersoft forum on their site.

And a last thing. Once you have a file open, and you notice that space for play
and pause no longer works, then the scroll area that the amadeus focus should
be on is no longer in focus. This happens if you voiceover away from that
scroll area, while exploring other parts of the screen. If space doesn't do its
thing anymore, or the arrows to skim through the audio, then move back to the
scroll area, and then perform a mouse click there. Do that like this: first
route the mouse to where the voiceover cursor is. The voiceover cursor should
be on the scroll area in the amadeus window. Hit command vo f5 to route the
mouse to the voiceover cursor. Now perform a mouse click, by hitting shift vo
space. Focus is then restored to the scroll area, and now space etc will work
again.
Hope this helps you some, to get you going.