Hi all

It's not just people with hearing impairments who have trouble with
these audio captchas. They are, generally speaking, of appalling
quality. The ones which contain a sentence, as opposed to unrelated
words and numbers, are a little easier, but really, how can any site
think they are fit for purpose?

I usually try to record what the thing says, but it often is
completely indecipherable. Sometimes I swear I have it right and it
still rejects it.

The site which most annoys me is the UK govt e-petitions site, which
has these for all signatories. My MP even complained to the Cabinet
Office and we just got the brush off. Have any of these people ever
tried one of these themselves? I think not.

It is particularly offensive when they then tell you it's to test if
you are human. Presumably they thk we are not.

Anyway, even I sometimes get fed up of complaining about them to site
owners, but I suppose we just have to keep doing it until they stop
using them. There are other more accessible solutions to the humanity
thing.

Grump

Adrienne