Hi,

I've used the audio captcha for Google Groups, and agree this isn't ideal, but
it's doable. I know this won't work for everyone, but the original poster has
an iPhone, I think.  What about using the free VizWiz app, taking a picture of
the screen with the iPhone camera, and sending a question, "What is the text in
this captcha?"  Alternatively, as suggested earlier, you can take a screen
capture with Command-Shift-3 and send this as an attachment via email to a
sighted friend.  The files show up on your Desktop.

HTH. Cheers,

Esther