The Libratone Lounge setup seems nice bout for $1300 I have to wonder if a more old school setup wouldn't sound better. I have my mini connected to a nice Dennon receiver and JBL speakers. The speakers I bought at auction when the media production place I was working for went under and love the sound. The Dennon is hitting 12 years old now and just keeps on working. Some of their models today include Airplay so you could beam your music to your receiver and then use a good pair of speakers. That would also give you a nice surround-sound decoder for DVDs if you chose to run the optical cable from your Mac to the receiver.

CB