Hi, Stacey,

Usually, when I select contiguous items, I just use shift and arrow keys.
Noncontiguous items are a little tricky.

First, press VO-shift-f3 to turn cursor tracking off. This way, you won't move
your cursor when VO moves. Find each item and press VO-command-spacebar to
select it. Verify your selection by pressing VO-f6. Once you are finished
selecting, toggle cursor tracking back on again with VO-shift-f3, and then
perform whichever actions you need to on the items.

HTH,
Teresa

"Nobody ever tells me anything!"--James Forsyte, quoted in the Forsyte Saga