Using this method, when you first Interact with the "Message Header Text" area,
navigating with VO-right, it should read the word "From", then the sender's
name, then it will move to the next line and read the word "Subject" and if you
continued, it would read the actual subject then move onto the the next line to
read the Date info.  Now, if you navigate left with VO-left, the first thing
that it will read is the last thing it said when going right, then it will move
back through each item.

You need to think of Interacting with as a method of drilling into the the body
to get more and more detailed info.  This process makes things quicker to
navigate overall but can confuse you if you're not understanding it or familiar
with the concept.  For example, in the case of Mail, if you were just
navigating around the Mail window, you can simply hear about the layout of all
the elements within the Mail window.  When you Interact with the "Message
Content" area, you'll get two items, the "Sort" menu item and the "Message
Table".  You need to Interact with that Table in order to learn about all the
messages that reside within.  Then you can navigate through the messages with
arrow keys or with VO-arrow keys.  When you get to the message you wish to read
in full, press return or VO-j if you prefer that method.  Now, the message will
be open and VO will read it in full.  This is the point where you can Interact
with the Header info inorder to dig deeper into its details.

Hopefully this clears up some layout and logistics for you.

Later...