Yup. I'll be curious to know how it goes. My last attempt at upgrading a CPU was back in the Sonnet Systems and NewerTechnologies days (pre-Intel). Today my fleet of Macs is a Mini which I can't upgrade, a MacBook which I can't upgrade and my old G4 tower, which isn't worth upgrading. So I hadn't really looked into it much. Used Mac Pro towers are still pretty expensive which I guess is a testament to how well they hold up over time and maybe because they are so upgradable. Good luck with the project!

CB