hey, thanks works :)
to annie
 see my example below  for instructions .
jadzias-MacBook-Air:MacOS jadzia$ ./ebook-convert test.mobi      sandi
1% Converting input to HTML...
InputFormatPlugin: MOBI Input running
on /Applications/calibre.app/Contents/MacOS/test.mobi
Parsing all content...
Forcing  test.html into XHTML namespace
Referenced file 'images/00007use.jpg' not found
34% Running transforms on ebook...
Merging user specified metadata...
Detecting structure...
Flattening CSS and remapping font sizes...
Source base font size is 12.00000pt
Removing fake margins...
Cleaning up manifest...
Trimming unused files from manifest...
Trimming u'images/00016.jpg' from manifest
Trimming u'images/00015.jpg' from manifest
Creating OEB Output...
67% Creating OEB Output
The cover image has an id != "cover". Renaming to work around bug in Nook Color
OEB output written to /Applications/calibre.app/Contents/MacOS/sandi
Output saved to   /Applications/calibre.app/Contents/MacOS/sandi