Your explanation of the tables was quite helpful! I did just as you said,
selected "applications," from the first, then "sleep," from the second, then
hit "add an application shortcut," and typed "sleep," in the "menu title,"
area, and F13 in the text box for the key I wanted to use.  Went back and
looked in the tables, and it was there, Sleep bound to F13 ... but it still
doesn't work. :)  Nor does binding Itunes.app to F14.  I'm probably not
understanding something as usual.

 • Mark BurningHawk Baxter
 • AIM, Skype and Twitter:  BurningHawk1969
 • MSN:  burninghawk1...@hotmail.com
 • My home page:
 • http://MarkBurningHawk.net/