What I meant was that if you want to review the list of Apps then you need to
interact to cursor up and down.
At least that is what I have to do on my Lion setup . However if I type for
example , Ni for nisus  writer pro then I do not have to interact and pressing
command down arrow will open the app without interacting.

David Griffith