Ok, before that message spawns a riot, let me explain something
please...

My understanding is that Microsoft, owners of Skype, will begin
sending text advertisements while you are in a call. I see absolutely
no evidence that Microsoft is planning to call you or cause you to
receive any surprise calls at all. In fact, the info I have seen
explicitly says the advertising will be quiet, i.e., no sound.

The main question for us is, of course, whether the text will speak
with screen readers. I generally write the scripts to speak alerts the
user has chosen to allow on screen, but if advertisements are to
appear without the user allowing it explicitly, I do not plan to have
the ads speak through JAWS.