Just to help, if you wish to paste a piece of text from a web page into Text
Edit and not have the formatting or links present, once you've pasted the text,
press command+shift+t to convert to text. All the formatting and links or
images will be gotten rid of and you have your plain text to save. I know these
are additional steps, but they do work.

Best wishes

Andrew