First of all, I never have quick nav on while in anything that does
not use HTML so when using Yorufukurou, make sure quick nav is turned
off.  Also, I had the same issues but when I uninteract with the list
of tweets, I can arrow up and down *without* VO modifiers I can then
act upon the right tweet every time.

HTH.