And for just a bit of history, prior to the G4 powerbook all the logos were upside down. Apparently Steve J. wanted the Apple facing upright when you were first ready to open the laptop (best user experience) which meant that once it was open the Apple was standing on its head. That was fixed with the titanium powerbook G4 in 2001.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/22/tech/gaming-gadgets/apple-upside-down-logo/index.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PowerBook_G4

CB