Bill,

Be sure you're not using QuickNav.  You can then press down arrow to go through
the list of spelling suggestions.  it isn't an option I have to use a lot, but
if there is more than one spelling suggestion, continuing to press down arrow
should do the trick.  Also, pressing space will select the one you're currently
sitting on, i I'm not mistaken.

HTH,

Harry