About 3 years ago my friend told me the same thing. Now I don't know if this is
still a problem. But the way he got around it was to buy a adapter that plug
ins in to the USB  and connects to your TV. But you don't need to really
connect the TV, the adapter just fools it in to thinking that there is a
monitor connected.
Again I don't know if this is still necessary, but if she buys the Mini and
dose have problems with it she could try this workaround.

Sincerely,

Donovan Osborn
donovan303...@gmail.com