From: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
[mailto:macvisionaries@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Kawal Gucukoglu
Sent: Sunday, November 11, 2012 18:12
To: macvisionaries@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Some questions about Mac Mini.

I wasn't going to get a screen.  At the moment I have to balance the Macbook
on my lap when I'm scanning and one of these days I'll drop it so as I've
seen a Mac Mini, I know it's a small box which souldn't take too much space.
I understand that Apple have fixed the issue about it not having a screen so
I have been told.

Kawal.

On Nov 11, 2012, at 10:58 PM, Chris Bruinenberg <cbrui...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I do know that the mac mini has a speaker but i don't know how good it is.
> I know the mac mini doesn't come with a keyboard, but i'd think you could
use your bluetooth one.
> Can i ask, wouldn't you think the macbook pro would take up less space
then a mac mini with screen?

> Chris Bruinenberg
> cbrui...@gmail.com
>

> On Nov 11, 2012, at 2:34 PM, Kawal Gucukoglu <kawa...@me.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello All.
>>
>> As you know I am hoping to sell my Mac Book Pro mid 2010 and two or three
months after the sale, I am probably going to get a Mac Mini due to the lack
of space on my desk with a magic track pad.

>> So, I have  questions to ask.
>>
>> Does the Mac Mini have batteries inside it?
>>
>> I know that the Mac Mini has know screen, but does it have speakers?
Also, what would any of you advise should I get a USB keyboard as I have an
Apple keyboard which is bluetooth.  If I were to stick with that and not get
a USB keyboard, how would one pair the keyboard if the Mac Mini was not set
up?

>> I am wanting the latest one with the fusion drive and a SSD drive and as
the unit is cheaper than a lap top, will probably go for the highest
processor it all depends on how much everything will cost.

>> Any advice is appreciated as I want to do a thorough research on this as
I don't want to get anything without knowing the facts.  Why do people get
Mac minis, is it the saving on space or something else?  I need something
which will take as little room as possible due to having one desk which is
cramed with wires and as much as I love my Mac Book Pro, I am going to be
sorry for giving it up as it means a lot to me due to my time in the USA but
one can't be sentimental I have to think of the practical i.e. no space.