Hi Richard. Another site to use Facebook is m.facebook.com. I find it far more
accessible than the regular Facebook site and that combo box you speak of to
search for contacts isn't there. A normal edit box is there. You may find it a
little inaccessible but there is a remedy to that. Go to your Safari
preferences with command comma and in the toolbar, select the advanced button.
Then select the option, show develop menu in menubar. Check that and close the
preferences. Then activate the menu bar with VO+M and go to the new develop
menu. Go down to the user agent submenu and press the right arrow. At this
point, I recommend Firefox 11 for Mac so press F and you'll hear that. Press
enter and there you go. The mobile facebook site is accessible. HTH.

Shawn
Sent from my white Mac Book