Hi Phil and Others,

You can always find items that you add to iTunes, even with no tag
information, by selecting the "Recenly Added" smart playlist in the
sources list. Then use VO-J or else navigate with your arrow keys to
the list of tracks, which will appear in the chronological order they
were added to iTunes.  Use VO-J again to jump back to the smart
playlist in the sources list. The "Recently Added" smart playlist
contains all tracks added to iTunes in the last two weeks that are not
flagged as podcasts. You can modify the criteria in the rules section
to change this (e.g. to make this tracks added in the last day, or
over a specific date range) by using the context menu (VO-Shift-M)
when focused on this smart playlist to choose the option to edit the
smart playlist.  Alternatively, you can create your own smart playlist
based on date added and any tag information you may have.

You can also identify the untagged tracks by pressing space bar to
play/pause tracks in your smart playlist, then arrow down to the next
and use space bar to play/pause the next track.  Then you can select a
bunch of these tracks by holding down your shift key while you arrow
down through the group you want, and do a Command-I ("get info") to
edit the tag fields for album and artist.

HTH.  Cheers,

Esther