I don't have a idfferent mac (yet) so can't say for sure. What I can say is
that 2gb is not enough; if you do get the mini, which allows the user to
upgrade the ram, I'd go for the cheapest option and then pick up 8gb of ram,
which can be had for around $40, and pop it in in place of the default ram. I
don't know if that would solve my problems, but I do know that switching to
applications I haven't used in a while takes a long time as they load into ram
from the hard drive, and that big apps like xCode or Garageband take forever to
load. An ssd (solid-state drive) would definitely help too, but ram is the far
cheaper upgrade option at this point.
On Dec 3, 2012, at 9:26 AM, Eugenia Firth <gigifi...@me.com> wrote:

> Ok Alex. Are you saying that because the Mac Mini has less memory that more
> strange things happen using VoiceOver than having a different Mac?
>
> On Dec 3, 2012, at 7:47 AM, Alex Hall <mehg...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> First, I use standard view, and second, I have a grand total of 2gb of ram
>> to work with. <smile> I know I need more, but I'm saving up for a macbook so
>> I don't want to sink any money into this mini if I don't have to. My point
>> with that example, though, was that you have to know how the mac works and
>> know all the tricks to be sure you know what to do when something strange
>> happens.
>> On Dec 3, 2012, at 7:06 AM, Shawn Krasniuk <bigbigshawn....@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Alex. If you don't like Safari's approach to browsing the internet,
>>> perhaps you should try Chrome. Chromevox has been updated significantly so
>>> you can use up and down arrow keys like in Windows. In regards to your
>>> comment about replying to an email in Mail and getting the "busy" message,
>>> I am not reproducing this. I use mail in it's classic view that it had in
>>> Snow Leopard with headers turned off with no problems at all.
>>>
>>> Shawn
>>> Sent from my white Mac Book

>> Have a great day,
>> Alex (msg sent from Mac Mini)