Okay, maybe I'm missing something here; maybe you want to do something more
than I am thinking but I'm having no problems deleting audible books from
iTunes. I did this on a Mac so if you are talking about iTunes in Windows maybe
this won't help.

i chose books from the pop-up. At first I then chose audiobooks from the radio
buttons but when I interacted I had some trouble making sure I only had one
book selected. Not wanting to accidentally delete all audibooks I then chose
"list" from the radio buttons. But later I was also able to select with the
audiobooks radio button chosen.

In both cases, I did vo-shift-m which brought up a context menu. One of the
choices was "delete". I was asked if I really wanted to delete. In the case of
doing it from "list" only one part of an audiobook was selected but when
deleting using the audiobooks radio button all parts of a book were chosen so
that's why when using the audiobooks radio button and deleting a book with more
than one part you'll be asked if you want to delete the selected audiobooks. I
confirmed that I wanted to delete and was asked if I wanted to keep the files
or move them to trash. I made my choice and the book was deleted.

Hth.

--
Cheryl

May the words of my mouth