I wonder if it's because you are not using the list radio button and therefore
all or none of the books are being selected instead of the one you wanted. In
fact, the two of you with opposite problems could both possibly be experiencing
a selection problem. I know that I was having a problem selecting just one
book, or at least being sure I was selecting just one book, when I selected the
audiobooks radio button; when I switched to the "list" radio button I was able
to select one book and know I had done that and then when I switched back to
the audiobooks radio button again the problem I had experienced there was gone.
Just remember that you don't have to choose to send the books to the trash; you
chan choose to keep the files and then go into finder and check that everything
is okay and send them to the trash yourself.

--
Cheryl

May the words of my mouth
and the meditation of my heart