Hi, Alex,

You can go into Mail prefs and choose the "viewing" tab. There's a drop-down
that will allow you to set which headers show by default. Also, when you
interact with message headers in a message, you can choose whether details are
shown or not, regardless of your default setting.

HtH,
Teresa

On the other hand, there are different fingers.