GarageBand is acting very screwy to the point where I'm considering the
necessity of an OS (10.8.2) reinstall. The problem is this:
I have 1 project in garage band. If I delete that project from finder, or do
things like change the project time signature (the two things I've done so
far), then, all my loops disappear from the loop browser. The one exception is
the iLife sound effect loops - they are the only loops that show in Loop
browser.

This last time I change the project time signature and all the loops in the
browser disappeared. I cancelled the changes and restarted GB and voila, the
loops were back! But, change the time sig and they disappear.

I've had to restore from backup twice so far to correct this disappearing loops
problem.

The whole thing seems a little screwy and I'm wondering if a fresh install of
ML is in order? I've never done that before, but I am somewhat familiar with
the process. Would I need to first erase the MacHD from the recovery partition
before reinstalling, or just select reinstall OS from the recovery Partition
menu?

Thanks for any help.