Yes, with a slacker subscription, you can cash content to your device. Also,
premium subscribers can listen to a given album on demand if it is within their
library. Some stations  play songs that are not downloadable due to the rights
having expired. However one can still add them to a favorite songs station and
replay them. The iPad app still works.

Pam Francis