Hi Aneta,

To check battery status, go to the extras menu by pressing vo+M twice quickly.
If you vo+right and left arrow, you'll be able to see things like bluetooth,
WiFi and other things including clock and battery status.
You can create a hot spot for it, that is a keystroke to speak the status
without going to the menus, I've just not found that to work as reliably. If
you wish to create a hot spot, do the following:
Go to the extras menu as stated earlier, and go to where the battery status is
located. Then press vo+shift+1 if you want it as your first hot spot. Then,
anywhere you are, you just press vo+1 and it will announce the status.
and what I mean by the VO keys, is the control and option keys pressed together.
Rachel