Hi Annie,

If these ePub files are in your iTunes library, I think you can just use some
of the AppleScripts for iTunes at Doug Adams' web site to automate changing the
titles.  The only thing I'm wondering is if the whether the epub files use the
same keywords.  I think that the file name field is just "name", which is the
same as the "name" track for music tracks.   And for my ePub books, the author
is entered into the "artist" field. Probably the "This Tag That Tag"
AppleScript could be used for this.  From the description, I think the way this
AppleScript works is that you select your tracks in iTunes, then you run the
script, which you just locate by name "This Tag That Tag" under the scripts
menu.  This menu shows up once you copy the AppleScript to a
"Library/iTunes/Scripts" folder under your user account.  If you have never
used AppleScripts in iTunes before, you'll have to create the "Scripts" folder
in this location.  Once you've selected this AppleScript, a dialog menu should
come up to let you choose what action you want to take with your tags: copy,
append, swap, or prepend.  In this case you'd select "copy".  Then you'd select
the metadata tag fields that you'd want to use.  So maybe in this case you'd
want to copy the "album" tag to the "name" tag, or the "artist" tag to the
"name" tag.   I'm making up these examples, because I don't actually know how
your ePub files are tagged, or even which fields you are using.  Just note that
these changes are not reversible, so if you want to be extra cautious, make a
set of copies of your tracks beforehand.  And just choose one ePub book to try
the AppleScript out with before you run this with several files selected.

It's also possible that there's a better AppleScript to use for the purposes
that you want under the "Managing Track Info" group of AppleScripts at that
site.  I haven't used (or even downloaded) the AppleScript in question,
although I have previously used other AppleScripts from this site before.

I think you want to get the "This Tag That Tag" AppleScript from this URL at
the dougscripts.com site:
http://dougscripts.com/itunes/scripts/ss.php?sp=thistagthattag

The AppleScript "This Tag That Tag v.3.2 can be found as a heading level 2.
Navigate with VO-Down arrow to read the description and then to read the group
of two download links for downloading the script and the read me pdf file.
There's also a heading level 3 description of "how to download & install" that
explains that the download file will be a .zip that opens as a .dmg file.
(Navigate with VO-Down arrow here, as well, to read the description.)  It also
explains that you should put the script contents of the of the .dmg file into
your ~/Library/iTunes/Scripts folder, and that you may have to create the
Scripts folder if this is your first AppleScript under iTunes.  Just use
standard Finder navigation (e.g. use Command-Shift-G to "go to folder", and
then type or paste in the path:
~/LIbrary/iTunes/
-- or tilde slash Library slash iTunes for the directory, then create the
Scripts folder, and navigate to it.  You can copy and paste the AppleScript to
this location.  You can also save the Read me file somewhere convenient.

There may be other scripts you can use, but this seemed to be one suited to
your requirements.

HTH.  Cheers,

Esther