As it says in the article, be careful not to melt your mac by turning down the fans when you really should have them up. You can use something like Temperature Monitor to check how things are going:

http://www.bresink.de/osx/TemperatureMonitor.html

UI is pretty accessible and you can set it up to speak any alerts when something gets too hot.

CB