Hello,

Can we just go back to basics and check that we understand the situation right.

You are going to your applications cmd + shift + a.

You are navigating to the utilities folder.

You are selecting terminal?

Then attempting tab completion?

If you are in agreement with the above. I'm sure the terminal is giving a
response. Whether it's an error tone or a message of some description. How does
the terminal respond?

Have you hacked your .bashrc or .bash_prifiles?

Is there more than one account on that machine? If so, do the other accounts
behave the same?

Gena