You can enable it, or something like it, in terminal:
defaults write com.apple.NetworkBrowser BrowseAllInterfaces 1

You must re-launch Finder for the change to take effect. Incidentally, I
figured out a way: I held option down as I hit vo-shift-m (obviously you need
two option keys, or KeyRemap4Macbook, to do this) and the relaunch option was
there. I love Apple!
On May 30, 2013, at 10:32 PM, John Panarese <jpanar...@gmail.com> wrote:

>   Why do you have to restart Finder to use Air Drop?  Does a Mini from 2007
> even support the feature?  I had a 2008 Mac Book Pro, but I don't recall
> being able to use Air Drop with it.
>

> Take Care
>
> John D. Panarese
> Director
> Mac for the Blind
> Tel, (631) 724-4479
> Email, j...@macfortheblind.com
> Website, http://www.macfortheblind.com
>
> APPLE CERTIFIED SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL FOR MAC OSX Mountain Lion and LION
>
> AUTHORIZED APPLE STORE BUSINESS AFFILIATE
>
> MAC and iOS VOICEOVER TRAINING AND SUPPORT
>

> On May 30, 2013, at 9:19 PM, Alex Hall <mehg...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> We have a 2007 Mac Mini on which I am going to enable Airdrop. Part of the
>> process is to restart Finder, and to do that I have to hold down option
>> while right-clicking the Finder icon. Obviously, I can't do that with VO, so
>> what is the keyboard-only way to re-launch Finder? Thanks.
>>

>> Have a great day,
>> Alex (msg sent from Mac Mini)
>> mehg...@gmail.com

Have a great day,