Cheree Heppe here:
If the seeing eye app requires an external gps receiver, wouldn't that defeat
the purpose of using it with modern technologies such as the i-devices?  Why
would an app with such pre-release hype tye itself to legacy tech?
There is a commercially available app called waze, that's w a z e, that
incorporates user feedback in real time and, so far, offers driving directions
only.  This app would be great if a pedestrian mode came on line.
It will be interesting to see how the seeing eye app develops.
It seems to be working backwards to return to niche apps specially designed for
limited user bases when so much is in place now.

Regards,
Cheree heppe

Sent from my IPhone 4S