Not at all. The app will work with gps on phones and cellular-enabled iPads.
You only need a receiver if you have a wifi-only device, and even then the app
won't work right if it does not cache maps locally. Any server-based gps app,
as many of them are, requires a constant data connection to work, and if the
Sendero app does not cache maps it, too, will need such a connection.
On Jun 3, 2013, at 12:07 PM, Cheree Heppe <che...@dogsc4me.com> wrote:

> Cheree Heppe here:
> If the seeing eye app requires an external gps receiver, wouldn't that defeat
> the purpose of using it with modern technologies such as the i-devices?  Why
> would an app with such pre-release hype tye itself to legacy tech?
> There is a commercially available app called waze, that's w a z e, that
> incorporates user feedback in real time and, so far, offers driving
> directions only.  This app would be great if a pedestrian mode came on line.
> It will be interesting to see how the seeing eye app develops.
> It seems to be working backwards to return to niche apps specially designed
> for limited user bases when so much is in place now.
>
> Regards,
> Cheree heppe
>
> Sent from my IPhone 4S
>
> On 03/06/2013, at 1:08, Kawal Gucukoglu <kawa...@me.com> wrote:
>
> I'm waiting for this App too and hope we can use it without having to buy an
> external GPS.
>
> Kawal.
>
> On 3 Jun 2013, at 02:23 AM, Mike Arrigo <n0...@charter.net> wrote:
>
>> It's still in development, that's all we know at this point unless I'm
>> missing something.
>> On Jun 2, 2013, at 7:49 PM, "Krysti .Power" <happypuppy...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> hey everyone
>>>
>>> my name is Krysti and i was wondering if anyone knows anything about this
>>> app like release date? cost? will it be a subscription service ect
>>>
>>> any info would be great thanks

Have a great day,
Alex (msg sent from Mac Mini)
mehg...@gmail.com