Hello,

For those using BT headsets on their Macs, something that might help in this
situation is to go into Voiceover utility, under sound, and make sure Voiceover
output is set to default output.  Sometimes, I've seen this setting set to the
bluetooth device for some reason.  In theory at least, you shouldn't loose
speech if default output is set in the case of you losing connection with your
bluetooth headset.

hth

Ricardo Walker
rica...@appletothecore.info