There is another alternative, However I don't know how easy it would be for you
to get.

The RNIB (Royal National Institute of Blind people) here in the UK sell talking
phones with buttons.  I have only seen it since I work for the organisation but
this simple phone will let you write texts and other things.

This phone is primarily for elderly and those who do not want to use a smart
phone because elderly people are scared of technology.  The phone has a good
clear voice.

  Talks is being sold still on Nokias if you wanted to go down that route.

Kawal.