when I first got my Mac, Finder was probably the hardest thing for me. This is
because I was not used to the List View mode looks on the Mac compared to
Windows. I had never used Column mode in Windows, and now I love it.

When I was using Windows, I pressed the enter key if I wanted to access a
folder. Doing that on the Mac will cause you to enter renaming mode for
renaming your files and folders. I love that now, but I kept wanting to press
that enter key to get into my folders.

On the Mac, if you use list view mode, the folder name is at the top of your
list and you press down arrow below that for the file names. If you choose
column mode, which I now prefer, you don't encounter your file names unless you
press the right arrow key after you hear the file folder that the file is in.
Column mode for me makes it faster to get through things because I don't need
to hear all those file names until I want them.

Then there's another thing that I had to get used to. If you want to paste a
file into a folder, you don't go into the folder. You get on top of it and
paste or move it into the folder. The commands for doing these functions are
easy, and you will recognize them if you ever had a Windows computer. Copy is
command c; paste is command v; move is a little different with option command
v. There is a command x for cut and paste but I find moving with option command
v to work more consistently.

I hope this discussion helps.

Oh, another command you might want to remember in case you something horrible
you didn't want to (like I did), is command z as in zap to undo something you
did.

Regards,
Gigi