Hello John,

One thing you need to bear in mind when it comes to GPS apps, is that most of
them require a 3G connection as the maps are not resident on the idevice.
Navigon maps are resident, so it can be used in areas where data roaming would
cost you a fortune. This is probably more relevant to people outside the US,
but it is certainly worth noting. I also think that Navigon uses less battery
than most other solutions.

Cheers,

Anne