Hi Joe,
Wow, lots to cover here!

I’ll have a go at some of this and I know others will chime in..

Yes, 250 g is enough space for both operating systems.   You can partition your
hard disk in any configuration you like.

I’d personally allow 2 g of ram for windows.

The alt and command keys are switched, but I think you might be able to use
something like key remapped, but I’m not sure about this.

For your cursor question, go into vo utility, and under the navigation tab, you
want to change the option for “vo speaks caracters the cursor passes.  I forget
exactly what the option you want is called..It might be something like, speak
the character  to the right of the cursor or something like that.

I don’t use boot camp, so unfortunately I can’t answer boot camp questions
except to tell you that you *might* need sighted help to set this up.  there is
a program out there now that some have used to set up boot camp without sighted
help, but this is way beyond my knowledge.

hth,
Caitlyn