I have Downcast for IOS and Downcast for Mac. Downcast for Mac was well worth
the cost to me, but everyone will have a different opinion, as I think you can
see from this thread.

Downcast for Mac is fully accessible and easy to use. The settings are all easy
to configure, and the syncing works really well. The syncing and the playlist
features are why I switched to Downcast from iTunes and Podcasts. I know Apple
has now included smart playlists for podcasts in iTunes, though I haven't had a
chance to use these. Not sure how syncing between iTunes and Podcasts is
working now.

A couple of people have reported problems with Downcast becoming busy and
unusable. I haven't had this problem. I suspect it has something to do with
very large numbers of subscribed feeds. I'm subscribed to around 45, and it
works fine for me. I believe Robert Carter has over 60, and perhaps he can let
you know if it works well for him.

Given you already have Downcast for iOS, when you ask is it worth it I suppose
you mean does it offer you anything the iOS version doesn't. People have
already mentioned storage space, and that's a good point. I also find it easier
and quicker to manage podcasts and podcast settings on the Mac. I am subscribed
to a lot of feeds, and I don't always want to listen to every episode from
every podcast. I can move through the episodes quickly on the Mac, marking as
played or deleting those I'm not interested in. I also have my Mac hooked up to
better speakers, so if I want to play the podcast out loud I prefer to use my
Mac rather than my iPhone or iPad, as their speakers while good, are sometimes
just not as loud as I'd like.

So ultimately only you know whether you want to access your Downcast podcasts
on your Mac and whether that's worth $10 to you.

Cheers,
Nic