You can use it like a local disk drive for everything except music or,
possibly, DVDs with movies on them. For some reason, Apple disallows using
remote Disk to play, transfer, or otherwise manage music on CDs. I don't know
for sure, but they may apply the same limitations to movies as well. Still, you
can burn, copy, and perform other tasks; I mostly use this for installations on
the rare occasion something is on a CD.

Have a great day,
Alex (msg sent from Mac Mini)
mehg...@gmail.com